Shared Report Shows Nothing to Shared User

Hi There!

I shared this report with several resources as view only - one in particular cannot see anything on the report even though they were given the same permission as the other resources I shared it with.

Any thoughts to how to resolve this for the resource that cannot see what is on the report?

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=344174ae297b4ce19754d9f1ca8093b8

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To view it in the report itself, they will also need to have at least viewer permissions to the sheet as well.

If you didn't want to grant them access to the sheet, you can provide them with that same published link that you have posted above.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/11/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Jonna Critchley

If the others don't have sharing permissions on the sheet, then they won't see anything in the Report via the Smartsheet App, either.

Is it possible the others are accessing the Published URL link (like in your initial post), but this one user is accessing the report directly from within Smartsheet?

You can tell what URL they're using by looking at the word after the smartsheet/b/, like so:

app.smartsheet.com/b/publish

vs

app.smartsheet.com/reports/xxx

Here's more information about Published links.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To view it in the report itself, they will also need to have at least viewer permissions to the sheet as well.

If you didn't want to grant them access to the sheet, you can provide them with that same published link that you have posted above.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome

100% this person has the same shared view permissions as the other resources do.

This one can't see anything on the report the others with the SAME permissions can.

I want them to be able to access this report in Smartsheet with all the other sheets/reports/dashboards, so just giving them this link won't work.

Just need to figure out if it's something in his settings or what that is making it where he has the same permissions but cannot see anything on the report.

• Hi @Jonna Critchley

How many sheets are used in this Report? For example, I have two in this Report:

What @Paul Newcome is referring to is that this one user will need to have Viewer permissions on all of those selected sheets as well as the Report.

Can you confirm that they're shared to each of the underlying sheets?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P.

1 sheet and I'm not sure that would make sense if the others are able to what's on the report without me sharing the data sheet that feeds the report, however, let me try and see if that fixes his issue.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/11/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Jonna Critchley

If the others don't have sharing permissions on the sheet, then they won't see anything in the Report via the Smartsheet App, either.

Is it possible the others are accessing the Published URL link (like in your initial post), but this one user is accessing the report directly from within Smartsheet?

You can tell what URL they're using by looking at the word after the smartsheet/b/, like so:

app.smartsheet.com/b/publish

vs

app.smartsheet.com/reports/xxx

Here's more information about Published links.

Cheers,

Genevieve