How do I create an automation

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if I could create an automation when someone updates info on one sheet and a field on anther sheet gets updated automatically? what I want is if someone updates bill paid column on Invoice Status sheet, the Bill Paid column on another sheet gets updated by itself. How do I accomplish this? common values are name of the clients (can I use approximate match since their names on different sheets are not the same format), payment amount, date in, and date out.

Thanks so much for your time and help :)

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Bryan Zheng 

Hope you are fine, You can do that by using Cell Linking Or a direct formula Index With Match function to collect the changes directly.

if you like to fix the formula directly on your sheet please share me as an admin on a copy of your sheets ( Source & Destination ) and i will write the exact formula for you then you can copy it to your original sheet.

My Email for sharing : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!