Share Part of a Sheet that's Editable by Non-Smartsheet Users

I have a sheet that I would like to share part of the columns with others and allow them to edit. The users I am sharing with do not have Smartsheet accounts. Using reports wouldn't work since I can only publish as read-only, and publishing the sheet itself would include all of the columns. Is there another way to do this?

Answers

• Darren Mullen
    Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Allison,

You could send out update requests, Now that would be an update request for each single row and each request would have the relevant columns needing updating for that row.

Using automation this would be easy to do and the recipient would get an email with a button to update the affected fields.

Does that work?

• The purpose is for these non-Smartsheet users to be able to bookmark the sheet, open it, and update their relevant sections whenever they need to. So update requests wouldn't work. It sounds like I just have to publish the entire sheet or create two different versions of the same sheet, which is less ideal.

• Hi @Allison Guerin

You're right, you could create two sheets for this: publish one version (as your "intake" sheet) and one sheet as your actual, private sheet. Then you can use either cell-links or cross-sheet references to pull in the data entered from the intake sheet into your actual sheet.

I hope that helps!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now