Using a URL Shortener for Form URL's

I have created 10 forms. I used a URL shortener to shorten all URL's. I tested all URL's and all were working 2 weeks ago. Now for all URL's I get the message "The form you are attempting to access is no longer active". I have checked and confirmed the form is active.

Any ideas on why the form would show active, but the URL returns a message that it is not?

Thanks!!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Justin Tackitt

Hope you are fine, could you please try the following to define the exact problem:

use the URL shortener to recreate one form URL from it's Original URL and test if this shorten URL is work.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Justin Tackitt
    Justin Tackitt ✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much for your assistance!

This morning, from the Smartsheet form URL, I used tinyurl to get a shortened version. That shortened version does open to the form.

When I did this a few weeks ago with the 10 forms, I checked all tinyurl's to make sure they all pointed to the correct form and they did. I did not check them any more. Yesterday a co-worker of mine mentioned that the forms appeared to be disabled. The forms all show "active".

Given that the tinyurl links are pointing to a smartsheet error screen, I assume it's safe to say the issue is not on the tinyurl side?

I don't have a problem creating new tinyurl's for my 10 forms; however, QR codes utilizing these tinyurl's are going to be printed up in mass quantities and it would be helpful to know where the issue is prior to spending a bunch of money on printing/laminating/etc. I can't have the links work for a few weeks and then stop working for no apparent reason.

Thank you again for any help on this?