Grouping in Reports - subgroup filter?

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help! i am having trouble in grouping a high level report in line with our organisational structure. Our Structure is as follows:-

Organisation, Delivery Board, Programme, Project.

We cover multiple organisations so we want to be able to drill down (using grouping) from the very highest level into each individual project.

The problem i have though is i cannot group by programme, as this field is left blank at delivery board level as the delivery board workspaces are used to manage all of the programmes which sit beneath it. We have smartsheet workspaces at Delivery Board, Programme and Project level and we use a column in our intake sheet to identify what the portfolio type is (delivery board, programme, project). Ideally we would want to add some sort of subgroup filter to say only group by programme if the portfolio level is NOT a delivery board.

I hope this makes sense...!

At the moment we have grouped our report by organisation and delivery board only, and included the Portfolio type to our report to enable us to sort by programmes and projects - but it would be even better if we could figure out a way of grouping the programmes too but without all the blanks.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jen McFarland 

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Jen McFarland

I agree that it would be very helpful to see a screen capture of your sheet set-up, or a duplicate sheet with dummy data showing how you're organizing the structure. I can't quite tell if these are each separate columns or child rows, etc.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now