Row Properties

I've read through a lot of semi-related answers here, but I'm hoping I missed something.

Is it really not possible to set different properties by individual cell? All rows within a column must all have the same properties? Meaning, if I want Row 2 to be dropdown, but row 3 to be a numeric formula, that's impossible?

This is such a standard element of Excel, I'm assuming I'm missing something. Thanks in advance!!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Tommy,

All types in a column will have the same property. It can't be changed.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Tommy,

All types in a column will have the same property. It can't be changed.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Can you tell me why you are looking to do this? I am trying to figure out under what application you would need this?

• Tommy
    Tommy
    edited 08/13/21

There are times when you're creating a sheet and you want each column to have its own varied fields. Example, my team is doing a product roadmap, listing all the products we're working on, pricing, costs, outlets, etc. We have about 10 products, but over 50 fields for each. If we run horizontally, it becomes a sheet that you have to scroll and scroll for miles to find the fields you're looking for. Running it vertically makes it far simpler to read and then to tabulate any numeric values. Again - this is such a basic element of Excel, I'm confused about its absence in SS. I want off Excel everywhere I can, to keep all docs live and interactive. But if this gap is true, I have to go back to Excel for a huge number of sheets we use.