How do I save a sheet I created

Betty
Betty
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

How do I save a sheet (board file) that I created and then add it to my dashboard? I tried many times to add it, but it doesn't appear when I try to add a report.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Betty

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Betty

Sheets and Reports are two different types of Smartsheet items. The Report Widget is specific to the Report type of item.

This means if you've created a Sheet (blue) it won't appear as an option to select in the Report Widget because it's not a Report (orange):

You can either create a Report from your main source sheet, then add it to the Dashboard (see: Reports).

Or, if your plan-type has this feature, you could publish your Sheet. This creates a unique URL that allows a viewer to see the sheet without being shared to it (see: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard).

Then when you have that Published URL, you can use this as a Web Content Widget in your Dashboard (see: Using Web Content Widgets).

Let me know if this makes sense or if we can clarify anything further! If you still need help, I agree with Andrée that it would be helpful to see screen captures (but please block out sensitive data).

Cheers,

Genevieve