Gantt "Open to Today" off by a year!

Linda Sovernigo
edited 08/17/21 in Smartsheet Basics

If I set our fiscal year to start in March (which our year does) then the open to today's view in the gantt chart moves one year forward????? If I change this back to January it opens to the correct date. How can I resolve this?

Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Linda Sovernigo

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @Linda Sovernigo

Upon further review and test on this, this seems to be an expected behaviour and is due to the way that the fiscal year is designed with Smartsheet. I was able to replicate the same scenario that you have been described.

• NOTE: Fiscal Year is displayed showing the end of that year. For instance, today is 12/13/2019 and our Fiscal Year ends 1/31/20, so we are in FY20 or FY2020. 

If the fiscal year is set to start in March then as we are August, we are technically in fiscal year 2022. When opening the Gantt to todays date, it will open to august in fiscal year 2022.

As a test, any rows that have start and end dates in August 2021 should still appear in your Gantt chart when set to open to todays date but they will appear on the Gantt as if they are set for next year.

Please attach a screenshot of the timeline settings that you used and a screenshot (block out sensitive data) of your Gantt chart & we'll be happy to take another look.

Cheers!

Krissia

• Hi Krissia,

Thank you for the insight, that helps. Will discuss with our team but I think we will need to use the fiscal year starting in Jan as it is too confusing to open a chart and see Aug 2022 when it is Aug 2021 though I appreciate the logic behind it. It would great to have an option to show either fiscal year or calendar year so we can use our actual fiscal year.

Kind regards,

Linda