Can I publish my dashboard when on individual license?

Hi I am on the individual license and would like to publish a dashboard. When I click on publish I get the message "Upgrade to publish work". However when I click upgrade, it shows me that I need to upgrade to the individual license, which is what I am already on.

Is it a licensing issue preventing me from publishing my dashboard or something else? Also I noticed the same issue when trying to use the sheet summary feature. I have a sheet summary on one of my sheets, but when I try to add a sheet summary on any other sheet, it says I need to upgrade. But again it says upgrade to individual license which is what I am on.

So I'm wondering if it's really a licensing issue or is there something else preventing me from publishing my dashboard? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/19/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Eric Githinji

Both the Publishing feature and Sheet Summary feature are not available within the Individual plan (see the "Applies to" section on the top-right in the Help Articles).

However, if a user on a Business or Enterprise plan shares you to one of the sheets that they own, this may contain a Sheet Summary and it will have the Publish option since this is available on their plan, does that make sense?

When you click the Upgrade option, you should see Individual, Business, and Enterprise listed, like so:

Then you can select the Business option to review the "New Plan" information on the left. You can also review more information about each plan and contact Sales to upgrade here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pricing

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/19/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Eric Githinji

Both the Publishing feature and Sheet Summary feature are not available within the Individual plan (see the "Applies to" section on the top-right in the Help Articles).

However, if a user on a Business or Enterprise plan shares you to one of the sheets that they own, this may contain a Sheet Summary and it will have the Publish option since this is available on their plan, does that make sense?

When you click the Upgrade option, you should see Individual, Business, and Enterprise listed, like so:

Then you can select the Business option to review the "New Plan" information on the left. You can also review more information about each plan and contact Sales to upgrade here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pricing

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks @Genevieve P. for answering my question.

• This is really disappointing not to have this function. Smartsheet was great for me for a while but seems that you are only appealing to larger businesses now. This functionality should be available to the individual plans. Looks like it's time to look for another application.