How to trigger an automation after a row is changed but on a future date

Hi,

I want to move rows to an archive sheet if the user clicks a box saying "Yes Move this Row" but I only want it to happen after a date in a separate column has passed.

I have automation set up for

Triggers:

"When Rows are changed" and "When 'Yes Move This Row' is checked" and "Run when triggered "

With the condition

"Where End Date" is in the past.

This works if the box is checked after the end date. However, when the user checks the Yes Move This Row box before the end date, it does not move when the End Date passes.

I can see why this is happening but I cant see how to put: "Where 'End Date' is in the past" in the trigger box.

(End dates vary widely across rows so I cannot specify a certain date as asked)

Thanks for insights.

Carroll

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Carroll Wall

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Carroll Wall
    Carroll Wall ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

I appreciate your taking time to assist. Thank you.

I have described the entire process. There are no more steps or details. If I can provide a clarification on a particular aspect, please specify and I will explain what ever I can.

Here is a screen shot of the automation set up. It is as described above.

My regrets but I am unable to share the sheet to you.

Thank you again for your time and interest.

Be well,

Carroll