Using Jira Connector to populate sheet, would like to get a snapshot of some summary cells every day

Options

Overall Goal: Using a helper sheet that utilizes the Jira Connector (Two-Way Workflow), obtain a snapshot of certain cells and copy them into another worksheet in order to ultimately drive a trendline.

I have 5 or 6 columns on the sheet that are summarizing the data. I don't need to have this summary on this page, but I'm wanting to have a snapshot of this data to be copied into another sheet every day at a specific time.

I'm attempting to create a trendline based upon this data. Each workday at 5pm, I'd like to copy the Total Remaining Hours for each of the teams to the corresponding cell based upon Team and Date.

This is what the end result looks like when I do it in Excel:

I know this is a very specific ask, but I'm relatively proficient in Excel and been fumbling around for hours attempting to get this to work in Smartsheets. I'm sure there's a way to slice and dice things to make it work, I just haven't found that answer quite yet.

Any assistance anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Brook Waddell

I hope you're well and safe!

If I understand you correctly, you should be able to use, Automation and the Copy Row Workflow.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Brook Waddell
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå,

Your suggestion was rather vague, but since then I have attempted to set things up using Automation and the Copy Row feature:

On my sheet using the Jira Connector, I have setup Automation to copy a single row out to an intermediary sheet. The sole purpose of this Intermediary sheet is to hold the data being copied, so I can reference it via a THIRD sheet using VLOOKUP formulas (Fun!).

All of this appeared to be functional until I noticed that the CopyRow automation occurred and copied the row to the Intermediary sheet. In its infinite wisdom, Smartsheet decides to truncate the range within the VLOOKUP to not include rows that currently have no value in them, thus preventing any future rows copied from being included for graphing purposes.

I'm a bit frustrated, but will continue to look for answers as I find the time.

Brook

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!