How can I use data uploader?

Hi,

As I'm new to Smartsheet, trying to use data uploader. I have one sheet (as Source) where the attachments are attached and I need the data (from attached spreadsheet) to another target sheet. Also, Is this possible to get data automatically from attachment to target sheet when ever new attachments are getting added to source sheet? Please advise.

Many thanks,

Archana Sahu

Best Answers

• Archana Sahu
    Archana Sahu ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Bassam,

Thank you!

Actually I'm trying this only, however I'm unable to select target and source file, it is taking so much of time to reflect the files and once I selected, again it went off. might be some Internet connectivity Issue.

Anyway thank you so much for your valuable time!!!

I will try it again.

Best Regards,

Archana Sahu

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Archana Sahu

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible, and I recently did something similar for a client to keep dropdown lists up to date.

You'd need to add an Offload Workflow and an Upload Workflow.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Archana Sahu 

Yes may be Internet connectivity Issue is the reason, please try the following:

1- clear your browser from the cookies.

2- check your internet firewall maybe they have some rules that decrease the connection speed.

3- try to use data uploader in a different computer.

4- try to use data uploader in a different internet browser.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers