Workflow notifications

Options

I've sent emails to collaborators informing them of their access as well as sent the collaborators requests for approval via workflow. Not all of the collaborators have received emails from Smartsheet. All the collaborators have been set up in my contacts. Is there an additional feature I need to activate for all the collaborators to get emails? Several of these folks have unique domains: Comcast.net; mail.com; me.com. Is this a problem for Smartsheet? Thanks!

Answers

• Garrett Henke
    Garrett Henke ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AMY M, There should be an option located in the Workflow to allow emails to be sent to people not shared to the sheet. When you open the workflow it is located in the action box.

• MPC contact
    Options

I have set up each of these individuals in my contacts and have shared the worksheet with them as collaborators.

• MPC contact
    Options

Garrett, I have the automation permissions set to Unrestricted ...

Thanks!

Amy

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @AMY M

Do you know if the collaborators received the request from within Smartsheet (the bell icon or notification center?)

If they received the request in the app but not in their emails, this is likely due to their email's spam or junk filters. Please see this Help Article for more information: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet

Cheers,

Genevieve

• MPC contact
    Options

I sent the Share request for the collaborators from the workspace. I have a total of 8 collaborators.

At least 3 of the users I shared with did not receive a notification. One of those I set up as a collaborator is an approver in the workflow and she is not getting an email from the workflow. I've had her check her junk mail and she has said it is not there. The same workflow is working for another collaborator.

Just to check that she could communicate with smartsheet, I created a new sheet in the same workspace where she entered data via a form. It allowed her to use the form; however, it didn't send a notification to her from the workflow associated with the table.

When I forwarded her the notification email that she should have received and she clicked on the "Open the Smartsheet" button, this is what happened.

So, when I pulled this up and clicked on the ‘Open in Smartsheet’ button, it needed me to create an account. When I typed in my email xxxxx@mail.com, it brought me to a screen that told me to go to my email inbox, find their verification email, and click on it; I never received an email in my inbox. I’ve checked all of my junk/spam folders. There’s something funky about how it views my email address…so strange.

Thanks for your help!

Amy

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @AMY M

Thank you for this additional information! Yes, it sounds like automated emails generated by the Smartsheet app are being blocked by her email provider and seen as Spam since they're auto-generated.

Please have her (and the other users) go through the following Help Article to ensure that the domains listed are added to their organizations allowlist. If they are using a service that captures mail from new senders (such as Mimecast), they may need to work with their IT Department to allow Smartsheet emails to come through.

Here's the article with the steps to follow, including if you don't see an Account Activation email: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet

Thanks!

Genevieve