Sheet Glitch question - Text delete / Missing after inactivity

Hello

I noticed something odd recently. I would highlight a text in the primary row and was evaluating my sheet for some time. After a moment, the highlighted text would disappear and the cursor would change to input text. I would not input text, but the previous text

would disappear.

I found that if I select "ESC" it would bring back the previous text.

I also found that if it does disappear, that you can retrieve it back if you undo..

Anyone else experience this issue?

Tags:

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's a strange issue - however, I have run into many a strange issue when using an old version of Chrome. That would be the first thing I'd check, make sure you're running the very latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Edge (new Chromium-based Edge) and don't need to update.

Another is to make sure you have the "Keep me logged in" box checked. This helps keep your session from timing out.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• @JReisman27 Thanks for the feedback

Chrome is up-to-date and also the Keep me logged in is enabled. It is an odd one, I started to notice blank rows which prompt me to look further. Anyway, now that I now a work around, just so that others are aware.

Once again thanks.

Angel

• This happens DAILY to my Team! When I asked for help from the SS team, I was told that it was the first they had ever heard of it! So it's reassuring to know it's not just us!

It happens in both shared and private files and is VERY frustrating!

I'll let you know if any conclusions are reached or fixes applied!