Hide Workspaces that aren't used often

Richard Heath
Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 09/03/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

As our company admin for Smartsheet, I typically deploy all-new Project Workspaces - this provides me with the opportunity to assist team members if they become stuck or have an issue; I can then problem-solve with them within their work-space.

This leads to an issue where I have many Workspaces visible, of which I really only use 5 for my own projects regularly. I don't believe there is a way to 'hide' a workspace and only make it visible through another menu system?

I do utilise the Favorite Icon, but searching for sheets results in all Workspaces being searched with too many results.

I'll raise an Enhancement but I assume there are other Admins that would like this feature?

Tags:

Answers

• KryF
    KryF ✭✭

Hi, I agree with you. Currently we have multiple project plan in the same workspace. When I need to link one sheet to another or look for something, it is too much. If there is any feature to hide or minimize inactive workspace from appearing in the drop down menu, it would be great.

• Tate Forgey
    Tate Forgey ✭✭✭

Ditto for me.

The cosmetic changes to the Admin panels notwithstanding I think Smartsheet doesn't really help us admins as much as they could. Other platforms I manage can automatically share all assets in the account with the platform admins so that we can always help our users. Smartsheet does not. This not only limits our ability to help, but drastically limits visibility into what is happening in the account.

Anyway, I do agree this littering up of our sheets and workspace makes it hard for us to get our own work done, which is a bummer.