Licensed vs unlicenses sys admin

Hi

Is there a difference in administration capabilities whether a user is licensed or not? I am only concerned about smartsheet administration and not the functions and features of a user.

Regards

Chris

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @kaeferc

I hope you're well and safe!

As far as I know, there isn't any difference between licensed/unlicensed.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @kaeferc

You've explained the difference quite well! The License is for capabilities within the application (owning sheets, etc).

An unlicensed System Admin will still have almost all the same administration capabilities. I believe the only two things they will not be able to do is set the colour and logo branding for the account (as this updates sheets/workspaces etc), or schedule recurring backups for workspaces. They should be able to complete all the User Management actions though.

Is there something specific you would like your System Admin to manage without a license?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now