Smartsheet Keeps disabling Workflow

I am having workflow issues in Smartsheet and I don’t understand why. The Smartsheet system activity log is showing that I am disabling the workflow but I did not. I have to keep enabling it in order for it to work. Please see activity log below, it shows that "User Unsubscribe from an Automated Workflow" which I did not. We are going live with a new asset tracking process in Smartsheet, however if the system keeps disabling our workflow it will impact approval and request for updates notifications. Does anyone know why this is happening? It was working correctly last week.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tamara Latham

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots of the Workflow? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Also, if you haven’t already, I recommend reaching out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Tamara Latham

I agree that it would be helpful to see a screen capture of the workflow that keeps being turned off to see how it's built and be able to test. Could you also try creating a Clone of the workflow and see if this keeps happening with the new version?

Is there a notification in the Manage Workflows window which identifies the issue/reason that the workflow was turned off?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now