Power BI Connector: Your browser is not supported

Hi,

Recently I've been facing an issue when I try to connect smartsheet to power bi. The error message I receive is: You browser is not supported.

I had this problem in many different computers and It was solved with a simple reinstalling process, but in some machines nothing seams to work.

Did anyone face this issue and knows how to solve this effectivly?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Camyla Barbara Bezerra de Freitas

This issue is related to the browser Power BI uses to open up the pop-up connector window. Depending on your current device and version of Power BI, it may be trying to open this window in IE11, which is no longer supported for use with Smartsheet.

You may want to contact Microsoft Support to request that Power BI Desktop uses the customer's default browser when signing in to an app.

There are a few things you can try to resolve this:

1. Try adjusting the Power BI settings in File > Options > Security > Authentication Browser > Enable  "Use my default browser"
    2. Update your computer's Default Browser to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox through Start > Default Apps > Browser
    3. Try uninstalling Power BI, restart your computer, and re-install Power BI from the Microsoft Store

If none of this has helped, you should be able to use the Power BI Web App as an interim workaround.

Cheers,

Genevieve