Issue with Automation to copy row from Client Workspace to our Workspace

Hi

I'm having trouble working out why I cant set up an automation to copy rows from a sheet in our Clients Workspace to our own when certain attributes are met.

The issue arises when I need to 'Select a sheet' to copy the Rows to. It only shows our Clients Workspaces and does not allow me to search outside of this.

I have Admin rights for both Workspaces (and sheets) and I can create an automation to copy rows from a sheet in our Workspace to our Clients but not the other way around.

Any ideas why that would be given I have Admin rights for both?

Thanks in advance

Gavin

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Gavin Seaton

Try to ask the owner of source sheet to create the copy row work flow it will work if he has admin permission on destination sheet.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Gavin Seaton 

Hope you are fine,To create a workflow that automatically moves or copies rows, both you and the owner of the source sheet must have Owner- or Admin-level sharing permissions to the destination sheet.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Gavin Seaton
    Gavin Seaton ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bassam Khalil

Thanks for the response.

I am an Admin in the Source sheet and the Owner on the Destination sheet so don't understand why I cant see the Destination sheet when building the Automation in the Source sheet.

If I try and do the same process in reverse, copy rows from the destination sheet into the source sheet instead I can do this no problem

Hope that makes sense

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Gavin Seaton

Try to ask the owner of source sheet to create the copy row work flow it will work if he has admin permission on destination sheet.

PMP Certified

• Gavin Seaton
    Gavin Seaton ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Bassam Khalil

Will try that.

Kind Regards

Gavin

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Gavin Seaton

You are welcome and i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified