Dashboard Functionality

Options
Pamela Wagner
Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a dashboard with numerous charts on it and earlier today I was able to reduce the data on a particular by clicking on an individual series. After working on underlying data on other reports, the chart that I initially tried to reduce now no longer lets me reduce it. For example:

When I first opened the dashboard, I could click on the December Totals to have that data removed from the chart (clicking again brings it back into the chart). A couple hours later, now that functionality no longer works. I did clear my cache and that doesn't work. Again, for this particular chart, I did not touch the underlying data yet this function no longer works.

Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Pamela Wagner

Is this functionality working for you today? I'm able to click on the Legend in my charts and have this widget update by crossing out that value:

If you're still unable to click the legend, can you confirm what browser you're using (and what version), if you experience this on another browser, and if any other shared users see the same thing?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hadn't thought to check browsers (I typically use Chrome) but it did work for me the next time I logged in. There are many times that Smartsheet acts wonky and then it goes away so its hard to determine a cause.

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. , I'm still having issues, seems to be different each day. Today when I first tried it, it didn't work and now that I'm working on a new chart, now the rest are working. Is Chrome the default browswer? When I saw it didn't work in Chrome I tried Edge which worked. And now of course, it's working in Chrome.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Pamela Wagner

Chrome is recommended for best performance but there are a number of different browsers you can use with Smartsheet. The functionality is best when the browser you're using is the most up-to-date version. (See: System Requirements and Guidelines for Using Smartsheet)

It's also best to keep your browser zoom between 90%-100%. Could that be part of the issue?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Pamela Wagner
    Pamela Wagner ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use Chrome exclusively and I don't think the zoom is it but will definitely watch! I called Smartsheet help desk yesterday and he was stumped as well. Thinking that since I'm definitely seeing it at home it could be internet latency.