Why can't I scroll in sheets using my fingers (like I can on other web pages) on a touch screen

I notice this has been raised before back in 2016 - has this been resolved yet?

It is causing concern with touch screen users as they need to be very specific on clicking on the "pull down" or "pull across"

Please advise

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @alan.mercel

What device are you using? If you're using the Smartsheet mobile app on a phone, tablet, or iPad you will be able to scroll using fingers on this type of touch screen.

However if you are referring to opening a sheet via a browser on a touch screen computer, this requires different functionality that Smartsheet may not be optimized for. Please let our Product team know of your use-case, device, and scenario by filling in this form, here.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve:

We are using the touch screen computer a "LENOVO YOGA" which we are issuing to a number of our colleagues , they will be accessing smartsheet plans via the browser

Any suggestions you can make will be greatly accepted.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @alan.mercel

My apologies, I haven't personally worked with that type of computer before. At this time I don't believe there are other best practices except for being specific about pulling down or across. Please do provide your feedback to the Product team though, as we are always looking for ways to improve Smartsheet!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Best non answer answers.