Form Error

Hello,

One of my form users recently received the error seen below. I submitted a few test forms myself and everything seems to be working properly. I'm thinking this might be an issue on the form submitters end of things and not Smartsheet itself. Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks,

Miles

Tags:

Best Answer

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

I'm not aware of any way to customize the error message. But you could submit a feature request for something like that.

The validation rules I was speaking of are a new feature to forms where you can validate if a number is a phone number or validate that a date has been entered.

Ultimately, if you see this as an ongoing problem I would contact your rep for support.

Answers

• David Tutwiler

We have and one of the things we found is that our form was quite complicated and these errors occurred after we added validation rules. Validation rules are a cool addition, but they seemed to slow down the submitting of the forms just enough to cause these errors. We removed the validation and everything went back to working ok.

I've also seen this, although rarely, with a bad connection on a Smartsheet form. It's all about how long it takes for the form to submit.

• My form has a lot of logic conditions that will make fields disappear/appear depending on what is entered. I'm not sure if that would be considered a validation rule or not. I've had close to 100 submissions using this form and this is the first time I've come across this issue. Hopefully it's not something that will happen on a regular basis.

• I've seen a lot of replies to this type of Form Error that suggest using a different browser when submitting a form? Is there a particular browser that for sure does not work? Also, is there a way to indicate that on the error screen so that the individual knows to try switching to a different browser? I'm curious if there's been a solution to this because there are multiple posts about it.

• David Tutwiler
    Answer ✓

I'm not aware of any way to customize the error message. But you could submit a feature request for something like that.

The validation rules I was speaking of are a new feature to forms where you can validate if a number is a phone number or validate that a date has been entered.

Ultimately, if you see this as an ongoing problem I would contact your rep for support.