DocuSign Tracking from Reports

Hello all,

Can you tell me why I have tracking status when I create a DocuSign mapping via a sheet, but not when I do it via a report? See the attachments that show the difference.  

DocuSign Mapping from Sheet:

DocuSign Mapping via report:

Both work to generate documents via Docusign, but I can't get it to track via a report, even when the matching sheet (for the line used in the report) has an Envelope status column.  

I appreciate any assistance as to why or how to do this. It would be so much easier to do all of these from a report instead of the separate sheets as we have over 60 sheets each with 100 lines.

Thanks!!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrea Westrich

In the same way that you cannot manually create a new column in a Report and push that out to a single underlying sheet, you cannot create a new column in a Report from the DocuSign mapping workflow. Column creation in general needs to happen in the source sheet itself, which is why this appears in the sheet version of the mapping workflow. Does that make sense?

Please let our Product team know of your feedback and use-case by filling in this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrea Westrich

In the same way that you cannot manually create a new column in a Report and push that out to a single underlying sheet, you cannot create a new column in a Report from the DocuSign mapping workflow. Column creation in general needs to happen in the source sheet itself, which is why this appears in the sheet version of the mapping workflow. Does that make sense?

Please let our Product team know of your feedback and use-case by filling in this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now