Why does my published dashboard not work in teams?

Options
Hannah Tawn
Hannah Tawn ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

So I have published my dashboard to my teams channel to allow everyone to see it, but it doesn't show my project plan. Instead gives me this error. As you can see below it has no problem displaying another report featured in the dashboard. The only difference I am aware of it that one displays a ghatt chart whilst the other is restricted. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hannah Tawn

It looks like this is a Report widget, is that correct? If so, can you check the Viewer Mode that you've set for this Report?

You will want the Report to be set as "Last Widget Editor" which will allow published viewers to see the Report as if they are you (or the person who added the Report to the Dashboard).

If you have this set to "Their own perspective", then the user will need to log into Smartsheet in order to see the data that's specific to their Smartsheet account. For example, say you had a filter set to "Current User" so this Report only displays each user's tasks - in this instance the user would need to log in so Smartsheet can recognize their email and filter accordingly. See: Control Widget Content When Source Is From a Report

Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Hannah Tawn

It looks like this is a Report widget, is that correct? If so, can you check the Viewer Mode that you've set for this Report?

You will want the Report to be set as "Last Widget Editor" which will allow published viewers to see the Report as if they are you (or the person who added the Report to the Dashboard).

If you have this set to "Their own perspective", then the user will need to log into Smartsheet in order to see the data that's specific to their Smartsheet account. For example, say you had a filter set to "Current User" so this Report only displays each user's tasks - in this instance the user would need to log in so Smartsheet can recognize their email and filter accordingly. See: Control Widget Content When Source Is From a Report

Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve