Card view - delete fields

This discussion was created from comments split from: Questions.

Answers

• I am creating a Card view for my organization. How should I delete the fields that I don't need? For example: I don't need Title and Summary Info in my card view. How should I delete it?

I see there is no delete option on corner of the field (three dots) nor I see any option if I go in the settings.

Thanks,

AK

• Hi @Akshata Kulkarni

The view that you have pictured here is actually the "Edit Row" pop-up view of the entire row. This will show every single field associated with that row, so all of the columns will appear. You can access the same pop-up in Grid View from the dots next to the row number.

To remove these columns from the Edit Row view, you would need to delete out those columns from the Grid of the sheet. Does that make sense?

In regards to the Card in Card View, you can adjust what fields appear in the Card by clicking on the gear icon:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Regarding your previous instruction about removing fields in card view, I've clicked on the gear icon, then unchecked the field I don't want, then hit "ok". However, nothing has changed and I still see the field in card view. I am the owner of the sheet which is in my private folder. Am I somehow missing admin rights needed to make this change although I'm the owner?

• Hi @BryanSt

When you say that you still see the field, do you mean that you see it in all of the cards when they're displayed in the lanes, or when you click on a card to Edit it?

The "Fields to Display" settings are specific to what is viewed on the card when it's in lanes, like so:

However un-checking it from this setting does not get rid of the field, it just hides it from the Card. Clicking on a card opens up the entire row, so you will always see all possible fields for that card:

These fields are the Columns in your sheet, so you would need to delete that entire Column in order for it to disappear from your Card:

See this Help Article: Work in card view

Please let me know if I've misunderstood what you're looking to do! If so, it would be helpful to see screen captures, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now