Require Help with COUNTIF Formula on Smartsheets

Options

Hello everyone!

I am trying to count the number of records for the current year(2021) from 'System Generated' date column -(Request Date )with formula - =COUNTIF(Request date: Request date, IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = YEAR(TODAY())) in the 'Sheet Summary' section. This is not working - says #UNPARSEABLE

Alternatively I have written a formula in 'sheet summary' to calculate current year with formula =YEAR(TODAY()) and added a new column in the smartsheet to give a true or false for current year with formula =IF(YEAR[Request Date]@1=[Current Year]#,"true","false").The true and false IF statement is also not working on the new column.

Can you suggest me a better way of counting the number of records for the current year from system generated date column in 'Sheet Summary'?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @medhapar

For your sheet summary formula, you need one set of square brackets around the column names. Try this:

=COUNTIF([Request Date]:[Request Date], IFERROR(YEAR(@cell), 0) = YEAR(TODAY()))

Then for your formula in the sheet, you need (these) around the cell reference. You are also missing the @row portion. Try this:

=IF(YEAR([Request Date]@row) = [Current Year]#, "true", "false")

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!