Font color changing when I insert a row

I've started a project plan and every time I add a row, it turns the font color from black to light grey which I can't read. I have to highlight the whole row to change the row.

I have highlighted the entire sheet many times and changed to color to black, but it doesn't stay in black font when I add rows.

As I have just started the project, I'm adding rows constantly so this is really frustrating and time consuming.

Thank you

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any conditional formatting in place?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Not that I can tell. It was a new project plan.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's odd. You may want to reach out to support on this one.

@Genevieve P. Have you heard of this happening with other users?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi @Karen Vaughan

(Thanks for the tag, @Paul Newcome!)

No, I haven't heard of this happening before without some sort of conditional formatting or manual formatting being applied before the rows are inserted.

Karen, when you say this is a new project plan, did you use a template to create the sheet or did you start from scratch with a blank grid?

Does the same issue occur if you create a Copy of the sheet with "Save as New", and if you create a new project plan from scratch?

Would you be able to post a screen capture of what it looks like, identifying where you are creating the new rows (ex. at the top or bottom of the sheet, or between two other rows)? Please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I do not have any conditional formatting.

I did not make this from a template.

Yes, it happens with Save as New

Additionally, I have gone to my master plan and changed colors for the gantt chart and it does not pull through to reports.

I need to change colors for different 'departments' and it randomly assigns colors.