Gannt View lets you select display label for subtask. I want to do that with calendar view

Options

Is there a way in calendar view to change the label? I love how you can do this in Gannt view and would like to be able to do it in calendar view.

I have attached as screenshot of the function I use in Gannt view that would be helpful in the Calendar view.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @dgloballab

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• You could use the JOIN function to combine multiple columns.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• dgloballab
    Options

@Andrée Starå I am not sure I follow. Perhaps this screenshot will help explain the limitation I am seeing.

Calendar view settings does not let me select what I want displayed on the label it appears to just default to the primary column. Whereas gannt view lets me select which column i want to be the label on the row.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, I know this is old and closed but I had this challenge and I wanted to share how I resolved it. It may not work for everyone because it makes an assumption that the data you want to show is just for showing and not editing AND there are limits to links.

I made a new grid that linked to the grid I wanted to display but I didn't want to use the Primary col and I didn't want to change the PC. I made the new grid (cal grid) with the PC that I wanted and linked to the cells (col.) from the main grid. Then I linked any other cells that might be relevant. I made a report from the the cal grid and set it to Calendar view. It now shows the column I want to show and the Primary col is not used at all. You could also concat. and of the columns to show something different if that would be helpful, OR change the col. name, the point being that the new grid points to the first grid but has a new PC. I hope that helps someone.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)