Final Approval

Options

I have an approval workflow that works great, but I'd like to make a certain approver the final vote. Right now, approvals are sent to the entire CAB, and responses are entered into each approvers specific column with traditional Submitted, Approved and Declined designations. That all works.

If I want to ensure that all of the members vote before the Executive on our team, would I have to set an 'if approved or declined by person A, request an approval by person B,' and so on until we get to the final person whom I'm wanting to vote last?

I was kind of hoping for an easier way if possible. I apologize is this is a vague description.

Best Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think that what you could do is add a helper column, even just a checkbox, and use an if formula to only check it if everyone has approved.

For example with Person _ being the column name...

=IF(AND([Person A Approval]="Approved",[Person B Approval]="Approved",[Person C Approval]="Approved"), 1,0)

Then use that helper column as the trigger the the final approval to the Executive to approve when the box is checked.

• Shannon5150
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kimberly, this is awesome, thank you!

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think that what you could do is add a helper column, even just a checkbox, and use an if formula to only check it if everyone has approved.

For example with Person _ being the column name...

=IF(AND([Person A Approval]="Approved",[Person B Approval]="Approved",[Person C Approval]="Approved"), 1,0)

Then use that helper column as the trigger the the final approval to the Executive to approve when the box is checked.

• Shannon5150
    Answer ✓
    Options

Kimberly, this is awesome, thank you!