Adobe PDF forms and Document Builder

Options

I have created a multi-page fillable form. I did the mapping to add SmartSheet data into the first page. The rest will be filled in by the end user. The problem I an having is that some of the fields I set up as drop-downs in Adobe. When I opened up my new document after adding it to a row, the drop-downs didn't work. These are not mapped fields. The drop-down arrow is there, but it does nothing. Why is this happening and can it be fixed? I'm wanting to create a more dynamic form. But if the drop-downs and buttons aren't going to work after integration with SS, then it is pointless. Can anyone help me out?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Saavik1

When you say that you open the document after adding it to a row, can you clarify how you're opening this up? After the document has been generated (auto-filling the fields in your PDF with the fields in Smartsheet), and attached to the row, are you then downloading the PDF to open it in Adobe?

I would suggest providing your blank fillable PDF (the "before" file), and then an example PDF after the document generation has occurred to Support (here) so they can look into this for you. It would be very helpful for them to view a screen recording as well, if possible.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Linda A
    Linda A ✭✭
    edited 02/12/23
    Options

I am having the same issue. I am not downloading it, but actually clicking on it from the row. See below.

Once I open it that way, I am unable to use the dropdown in the Fillable PDF. I don't want to download it, and the upload it again, was hoping I can do the changes in SmartSheet and just save.

The circled field is a drop down to fill the date, but when I open the PDF from the Row attachment, I can't utilize the drop down even though that the original fillable PDF is working with the drop down.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Linda A

The file attached will be static. If you need to change content in the file, then yes, you'll need to download it, change it, then upload it again.

Cheers!

Genevieve