Dynamic View Contact for External Users

Kelli.Cook
Kelli.Cook ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have a Dynamic View where I want external users to add their names to a contact list when they enter or update a row. The external users names are not populating and will not save in the view.

I have added their contacts to the drop down in the sheet.

Am I missing another step?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Kelli.Cook

External collaborators will only be able to see their own Organizational contacts (if they are part of an Org.) or contacts included in the column properties when Restrict to list values only is checked.

If that is unchecked in the column properties, and a user is not a member of an Org., the field won't have any contact options in the dropdown.

That said, your external users should still be able to add in their email, they will just need to type out the full address and hit "enter" to save it in the field instead of selecting it from a dropdown.

As an alternative, what about adding a "Modified By" System Column instead? That way the user won't have to manually enter this information, their email will be gathered automatically.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Kelli.Cook
    Kelli.Cook ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your answer, Genevieve! They were finally able to add their email addresses to the dropdown for new rows.

They each had to type and hit enter multiple times before it actually saved though. That was tricky to walk them through.