How do I share a Smartsheet item to a user group?

I've been given access to the System Admin Group Management area. I went in and created and saved a group. I then went to a Sheet to share it to the group I created but it doesn't show up as an option to share to.

I followed the instructions here:

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Taylor Scott
    Taylor Scott ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure how this got fixed. I restarted my browser and after that didn't work, I restarted my computer, which still didn't work. I asked a coworker to see if they could try it out and they couldn't get it to work either, despite us both being able to see that the group was created under the admin menu.

Anyway, the next day when I logged in to Smartsheet to try it again, it was working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Answers

• Craig Moss
    Craig Moss ✭✭✭

Try clicking on Refresh in your browser.

• Taylor Scott
    Taylor Scott ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure how this got fixed. I restarted my browser and after that didn't work, I restarted my computer, which still didn't work. I asked a coworker to see if they could try it out and they couldn't get it to work either, despite us both being able to see that the group was created under the admin menu.

Anyway, the next day when I logged in to Smartsheet to try it again, it was working. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Taylor Scott

Glad to hear that it's working again.

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Just thought I'd provide another update to this.

I still don't know how this issue got fixed, but I just ran into a similar issue. I created two new groups and I was able to immediately share a couple smartsheets to the new groups. But weirdly I wasn't able to see the two new groups as options to share to on a couple other sheets. One of the sheets I'm only an Admin on and the others I Own. Who knows...