Replicate columns from one sheet into an other sheet automatically.

This discussion was created from comments split from: Replicating filtered column data between sheets?.

Answers

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭

Reopening this thread as I have the same question, but the solution will not work for me.

Can I replicate a number of columns from one sheet into an other sheet automatically.

The data in the existing rows on the first sheet can change and rows will be added to the first sheet.

A report will not work, I need the functionality of a sheet

I can of course link the existing cells, but when rows are added to the original sheet, they do not automatically link.

Thanks

• AFlint
    AFlint ✭✭✭✭

While I'm not an experienced user, Data Mesh sounds like it may do what you want. In the absence of that I'm not really sure how to do it without knowing the structure of the data..

• Having the same issue. I want to replicate data into a lookup table, but cell linking doesn't update as new rows are added, and VLOOKUP requires an argument to look for, where I just want to literally replicate everything. There is no function I see like spreadsheet products where I can say "="Sheet1!A1" and replicate down the whole column. Or am I missing something?