Smartsheet on android has edit limitation - bug

Our organization needs to use smartsheet on android devices for mobile access. We are unable to edit actual start date on the android device. We tried it on the mobile app and we tried uninstalling the mobile app and logging into smartsheet on the android device using google browser. In each case we can edit Status and Completion % but not start date. When will there be a fix to this limitation/bug?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @markm_habitat

I hope you're well and safe!

It's probably not a bug.

• Can't you change the dates at all?
    • Are you using dependencies?
    • Are you using formulas in the date column?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Can't you change the dates at all? - No, cannot change date using android
    • Are you using dependencies? - Yes
    • Are you using formulas in the date column? we use task durations and dependencies. But sometimes we need to break the dependency in the case of things like vendor delays, unforeseen issues.

• Hi @markm_habitat

If you're using dependencies, then the Predecessor Value will need to be deleted before you can change the Start Date, as the Start Date of your task is based on a different row. Does that make sense?

Once you've cleared out the Predecessor cell, so the row is not linked to any other row, then you can update the Date in from your mobile device. Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now