Has anyone set up a staffing calendar in Smartsheet

I would like to see how other's have used Smartsheet for a staffing calendar. We have a 24-Hour staffing model with multiple shifts, currently using Excel for setting up staff schedules. I would like to shift this to Smartsheet to allow for some notes and comments and more features, however, I can't really figure out the best way to set this up. It would be awesome if I could set it up to be viewed in Calendar view but I'm really struggling with this.

If you use Smartsheet for a staffing calendar would you be willing to share any screenshots? Thanks!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mindy Schneider 

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question. and if you like share a copy of the excel file and i will try to create it for you.

My Email for sharing : Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Mindy Schneider
    Mindy Schneider ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to figure out how to best create it, so don't love what I have so far. My excel file we are using we don't want to continue to utilize. This is what our Excel file looked like. I was really hoping I could change to a calendar view and see names but it's not working out that way.

I would love to change from Excel to Smartsheet so I could automate some reminders, utilize notes field for shift notes and have the entire year in one sheet but utilize different views for the months. Hope that makes sense! Thanks!