Resource View has unclickable Other Sheets

Smartsheet Community:

I Can See All my Resources but I can not see all the Sheets they are Assigned to. It Displays Other Sheets. I Own Every Sheet that they are Assigned to.

Does Anyone know why Resource View is Only Showing One Sheet and Displays Other Sheets?

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @Anthony Barthelemy

In Resource Management, if a resource is allocated to tasks in sheets that aren't shared to you, the allocation across all of these sheets will be combined and listed under "Other Sheets" in the Resource View. 

This has more to do with the Sheet level sharing than the account level permissions. Working with each user, you will want to ask the person that created those sheets to share them to you so that you are able to manage the resources. 

For privacy and security reasons, if the user is not shared to the sheet, they will not be able to view the information within the sheet such as allocated resources, which is why a user cannot see the sheet name & it would say "Other Sheets."

I would suggest reaching out to your team as a whole & ask that to be shared to the sheets that they have allocated resources so you're able to see the sheets.

Another way to narrow the field on who to email would be to have your System Admin download a Sheet Access Report for your account's plan.

Check out these resources below from our Help Center.

Cheers~

Krissia

• Anthony Barthelemy
    Anthony Barthelemy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Krissia B I am the Owner of ALL the Sheets the Resources are Assigned to.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Anthony Barthelemy

Is it possible that any other person in your company could have created a sheet and assigned a user to a task in a Project Sheet that you're not shared to at all?

If you're a System Admin, you can download a Sheet Access Report to identify if there are specific sheets you aren't shared to but that look like they could be Project Sheets.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Anthony Barthelemy
    Anthony Barthelemy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. No I Own All the Sheets. However if there is 1 or 2 Sheet Owned by another licensed user; I Should still see the Rest of My Sheets that I have Resources Assigned to. I Only See One Sheet and that is not Correct.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Anthony Barthelemy

Any sheet that you want to view resources on will need to have this setting toggled on in the sheet's Project Settings.

Can you check each of your sheets to ensure that the Legacy RM button is checked:

• I have a similar problem.

I have enabled legacy RM for all my sheets. There are certain users that are not showing up under resource view for all the sheets.

For example user 1 is assigned to Project A and B

All other users are showing up except for user 1 under project A or B.

• Nikki - There is a glitch in smartsheet in that you can have a resource identified in the smartsheet, but you have to manually add them to User Management (you can uncheck licensed user) for it to show up in the Resource View list.