Person is Unable to Access Shared Dynamic View

I shared a dashboard with someone within my company containing a dynamic view that is also shared with the person. However, he gets the following message when he tries to view the dynamic view. What does this mean and how can I fix this?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 10/13/21

Hi @Camille

How is the Dashboard shared with this other user? Is the user accessing the Dashboard through another site, or are they logging in to Smartsheet directly?

Accessing Dynamic View within a public Smartsheet Dashboard is not supported when a dashboard is embedded in an external third-party website. If this doesn't describe how your user is accessing the Dashboard, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with full screen captures (or a screen recording), the user's email, your correct view, and the Dashboard name/url.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Camille
    Camille ✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P.

I am providing the user with the Smartsheet dashboard link and he is logging into Smartsheet directly.

• Hi @Camille

Thank you for this information! Another thing to check is what browser version this user is on when accessing the Dashboard. Can you confirm what type of computer, browser, and browser version this user has?

For example, I'm on a Mac, on Chrome Version 94.0.4606.81 and I can see Dynamic Views in Dashboards without this message. I'm interested that you see something different than what they see, so it would be helpful to know this information from you, as well. Additionally, are you accessing the Dashboard while on a VPN at all?

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now