Survey of Many Approvers

Hello,

We have a process where a person would submit an approval of funds to be distributed to families that have certain requests in our community. We would have a person submit a request for funding with information about the family, category of request (i.e. utility bill, transportation, etc.), and that request would then be sent to around 30 community members to "vote" on approval of those needs. Is the only way to send for that approval to have an additional Form that would be sent out and aggregated, along with a report that would show % respondents, approvals, denials, and abstentions (current surveymonkey method), or is there an easier way to send this approval out? Is there anything in Approval Workflow that can be done that is shown somewhere for auditing purposes?

Thanks,

Chris

Answers

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The Sheet containing the survey records would also need a contact column and approval status column in order to track which approvers responded. If you really need 30 community members to vote and be able to track all of those responses, that would added significant number of columns to the Sheet. However, this is the only way that Smartsheet can track the responses since the forms themselves do not store any data.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chris Grinstead

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Jason's excellent advice/answer.

Two other ways it could work would be:

• Send out an Alert with a link to a pre-filled form (using the URL-query feature) where they can vote by submitting the form.
    • Share a report with the community members where they can vote

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks much for your responses! I didn't even know about the URL Query feature (this may work). Can you speak more about the Report? How would community members be able to vote on a report? Are there any videos available?

Thanks!

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t know about the url query feature either. This may help with moving our project satisfaction survey’s into Smartsheet and out of Google Forms.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Chris Grinstead

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

How did it go? Did you manage to get something set up?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.