generate document - marks on generated PDF

Hi, I recently started using the option to Generate Document. I seem to have a reoccuring issue with "check marks" appearing on the generated&saved PDF. Is there something in the settings I can change?

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @Agata Wozniak

Thank you for your post. Upon reviewing your screenshot and your scenario, I'm not able to replicate the same issue you are facing. This seems to be an unexpected behaviour.

I would like to know if the same issue showing for other users who are generating documents? Is this happening when using a specific browser or using incognito/private browsing? What happens when clearing your browser's history & cache/cookies, is still happening?

May you describe the steps taken when generating this document (include screenshots & block out sensitive data) and any additional detail to help us investigate and test this on our end.

Cheers~

Krissia

• Agata Wozniak
    Agata Wozniak ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Krissia B

Thank you for getting back to me so soon. I have cleaned the history and nothing changes. Also I asked a colleague to check and the issue stays no matter who generates the document.

I have a saved editable PDF

I choose the row in designated file in Smartsheet to Generate Document

I use the Generate option, choose the "attach to row 1" and return to sheet.

Once the PDF is generated this is what I can see

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @Agata Wozniak

Thank you for these screenshots, however I am still unable to replicate the issue and whats causing this behaviour. The screenshots you have posted is too small & is not generated properly for me to see further into it.

You provided us "Saved Mappings" screenshot but we'll need to get a look at the actual mapping setup from steps 1 to finish. Explain to us in details the steps so we can try & replicate the same steps you are taking to see if it this will trigger the same checkmarks on our end.

Please also try this on another sheet using another PDF to test as well to see if other sheet & other PDF also shows check marks after generated/saved.

Lastly, please confirm if you create a copy of that PDF you are using & used that copy as the source PDF for generating, is the check marks also showing on the new copy?

This is definitely not an expected behaviour but we do need more details so we can attempt to replicate what youre experiencing.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to assist you on this issue!

Cheers~

Krissia

• Agata Wozniak
    Agata Wozniak ✭✭✭✭

Hello again,

I don't have any idea, what has changed, but now I cannot generate the "check marks" anymore.

Can I have a different question though? When I generate document the PDF changes fonts. The columns in Smartsheet have the same formatting set (size, font type etc) but once generated to PDF the fonts look random.

Is that on the Acrobat side of settings ? or could that be something I am missing in the process of generation? Has this been raised before?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 11/01/21

Hi @Agata Wozniak

I'm glad you were able to resolve the checkmark issue. 🙂

In regards to fonts, yes this is a setting on the PDF side: if you click on the fillable PDF from the mapping screen, you should see font and alignment options!

Cheers,

Genevieve