Resource Group to autofill based on Assigned To selection

Is it possible for the Resource Group to autofill based on the Assigned To selection(s)? For example...Sally Smith is in Accounting and Tom Jones is in Facilities. If I select their names in the Assigned To column can their corresponding Resource Groups autofill? If this is possible how do I make this happen? Please be kind...I'm a beginner.

If anyone who works for SmartSheet is reading this the case I have open is 05024001, but I have not had a response yet.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @hjohnson

Yes, there are a few ways you could set this up! If you have a reference sheet that identifies what group each contact is associated with, we could use a cross-sheet formula to check that sheet and return the associated group.

Depending on how many groups you have, an easier way to do this may be to set up a Change Cell workflow (see: Change the Value of a Cell in an Automated Workflow)

I would create one workflow per-group, identifying the people in a Condition, like so:

Just make sure you un-check the "Replace existing values" button for the multi-select column so that it adds multiple groups based on the different people.

Let me know if this makes sense and will work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers