Open in New Tab

Is there a way to configure your personal settings to always open new items in a new tab?

Answers

• Javed Hassan
    Javed Hassan ✭✭✭✭

None I'm aware of. In Chrome, you could always CTRL+Click on most sheets/links to have them open in a new window. If you're wanting a dashboard or link to open in a new window, instead of using the "open smartsheet item" widget action, use the URL instead. This forces a new tab.

Hope this helps!

• Knecht5
    Knecht5 ✭✭

Thanks for the insight.

• KlyJen
    KlyJen ✭✭

Just boosting this. I'm new to the community, but -- is there a way to flag something as an enhancement request to the dev team? This particular issue is incredibly frustrating.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KlyJen

I hope you're well and safe!

Welcome to the Community and the wonderful world of Smartsheet!

To make your Enhancement / Feature Request count, send in the form above because there isn't a guarantee, it will be registered otherwise.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, this would be very helpful especially in cases where a report is reviewed and source sheets are opened, and then the user needs to return to the report. Without this they continually have to search for where they were before to open the next sheet to be reviewed.

• Land606
    Land606 ✭✭

I am using sheet name hyperlinks in reports and discovered, like other in this forum that CTRL+Click does not open the sheet in a new tab. Painful to have to go back and forth and not be able to open them separately from within the report.

• This is driving my entire team crazy. Can we please get a fix for this? If I'm using this in a Chrome browser, why does the CTRL+Click not work?

We have hundreds of sheets that are summarized in a report. It is painful when we need to open multiple sheets to go back and forth between report - sheet - back to report dozens of times.