how we can capture the currect week updates and next week activities to maintain

Options

Hi Team,

I am looking for a way, where can can capture the current week updates and the next week activities on high level information on dashboard and most importunately to maintain the history as well.

Currently i have text widget on the dashboard directly put to capture the current week and next week activities captured. as shown in the picture below, issue here is i cant store the history of weekly status.

So, i am looking for something which can maintain the past weeks updates.

Any suggestion are welcomed, which can make the life of PM easy without much effort.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Create a sheet that has 2 columns. The first is the narrative column. The second is an Auto-number column (with no special formatting).

Then include two sheet summary fields. The first will be locked and called something along the lines of "Most Recent Update". The second will contain a hyperlink going back to the dashboard.

The formula for the first Summary Field would be

=INDEX(Narrative:Narrative, MATCH(MAX(Auto:Auto), Auto:Auto, 0))

Then in your dashboard you would use a metrics widget to pull that first Summary field and have the widget behavior set up to take you to the source sheet.

The user goes to the dashboard to view the project details, clicks on the narrative widget which will take them to the narrative sheet, enters the next narrative in the next empty row at the bottom, saves, then clicks on the hyperlink in the second Sheet Summary field to go back to the dashboard.

• Ravi Sagar
    Ravi Sagar ✭✭✭
    Options

@Paul Newcome Thanks the detailed explanation and i really appreciate your input. i did built as you mentioned and it works for currect week updates and also history, but the its not in format to be displayed on dashboard and but it really dont serve my purpose to write and display next week details on new widget.