Live Data Connector not working with Excel Data Model

KJD
KJD
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I'm using the Live Data Connector to pull Smartsheet Data into an Excel Data Model. I then create a simple relationship in the data model. However when I pull the data into a Pivot Table Report, the relationship is not recognized/not honored.

I've created this same simple report using data copied and pasted into the Excel workbook and added to the Data Model, and it works great. But when I use the Live Data Connector, it's as if the relationship doesn't exist. Has anyone else experienced this and found a resolution?

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @KJD

I see that you have submitted a case ticket with Smartsheet Support regarding this topic. At this time, this is the better route to take for your specific question!

Kind Regards~

Krissia

• Thank you Krissia! The answer was that currently the data from the connector does not support relating two tables in an Excel data model with a relationship. I was a bit surprised by this, because once the data was placed in the data model (successfully), the relationship should have been easy. But it did not work and I tried it several ways. Best regards.