Use Global Update to update cell links in profile data.

Options

Some fields in my profile data are a cell link to another template. The previous links were broken by a deleted column, and I want to update those cell links to a new cell for all of my projects. Is this possible?

Best Answer

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes.. it is a bit hidden but also a bit frustrating..

If you select and right-click the linked cell there is a Manage References selection. This will allow you to manage all the references in the sheet.

Here you can manage Cross sheet and cell link references..

The frustration occurs based on how many sheets you have linked.

Also, a little trick if you are using Vlookups if you (re)name the range so that it is consistent across all the sheets then you can write your vlookup formula once.. place it in a notepad/clipboard and then simply paste it in all the remaining sheets

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

Answers

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes.. it is a bit hidden but also a bit frustrating..

If you select and right-click the linked cell there is a Manage References selection. This will allow you to manage all the references in the sheet.

Here you can manage Cross sheet and cell link references..

The frustration occurs based on how many sheets you have linked.

Also, a little trick if you are using Vlookups if you (re)name the range so that it is consistent across all the sheets then you can write your vlookup formula once.. place it in a notepad/clipboard and then simply paste it in all the remaining sheets

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

SO I am trying to update the link for all of the projects in control center (160) with one go. Hoping that control center global update would do it. Sorry for the lack of clarification.