Can I correct the timezone for audit logs, automations etc?

Options

I have set my timezone in Personal Settings - Settings to "(GMT) Greenwich".

Currently it is 08.32 however my audit logs record activity with a timestamp of 07.32.

Likewise, when I set an automation to run at 20.00, it actually runs at 21.00 local time.

I am waiting to see what happens when our clocks change for daylight saving, I am assuming that the times will be aligned and everything will look right!

Is there any way that I can set Smartsheet to recognise daylight saving time adjustments (if this is the issue)? I am guessing the 'hack' would be to change my timezone twice a year!

Thanks

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Harvey E

What I mean is that when you select GMT + 1 for Europe, even though it says +1, it should auto-adjust to just GMT (no + or -) when daylight savings has passed. However if you choose the general GMT option it will always stay GMT without adjusting.

I'll follow up on this next week once our clocks change to confirm this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Harvey E

Since GMT does not adjust for daylight savings, you'll want to choose one of the other options, such as (GMT + 1) Europe/Lisbon.

If you wait another week for the clocks to change and to be back on to GMT timezone, then you are correct that next spring you'll need to adjust your settings again.

However if you stay on the GMT + 1 Europe timezone I believe it should shift automatically with the time change. I have to admit I haven't really paid attention, but that's the timezone I'm currently set to and I haven't noticed needing to change the hour back and forth with the change.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Harvey E
    Harvey E ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Genevieve but I don't think that does help, as if I select GMT+1 the time will either be incorrect for me for half of the year, or permanently 1hr out for the whole year. It is seemingly like Smartsheet timezone is not so much "where you are located" and updates the time accordingly, but "what time it is now", and as such I have to change it when we have daylight saving changes?

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Harvey E

What I mean is that when you select GMT + 1 for Europe, even though it says +1, it should auto-adjust to just GMT (no + or -) when daylight savings has passed. However if you choose the general GMT option it will always stay GMT without adjusting.

I'll follow up on this next week once our clocks change to confirm this!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Harvey E
    Harvey E ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks I will see what happens when I log in on 31 Oct :)

• Harvey E
    Harvey E ✭✭✭
    Options

I checked this morning and the timezone (GMT) Europe/Lisbon appears to work correctly for the UK. Smartsheet: it would be great if this was labelled Europe/Lisbon/London !

Thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Yes! I just checked today and it changed with the time, as I had hoped. If you stay on this setting then next Spring it will adjust to GMT + 1 again, too. No need to swap back and forth. 🙂

Cheers!