Use "today" as Data Shuttle filters

Options

Hello,

In Data Shuttle I would like to create an offload from a sheet by selecting "greater than today" as a filter on a Date field of my sheet.

I succeeded with "contains" "2021", but am unable to have something that works when trying with Today(), nor Today in the criteria box. And it does not work with a specific date.

Is there a way to have this Today criteria working ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Marie Armand

"Today" isn't currently supported as a filter type in Data Shuttle (please let the Product team know of your feedback by filling in this form, here!)

That said, you could set up a helper column in your sheet using a formula to indicate if that row is Today or not... ex:

=IF([Start Date]@row > TODAY(), "Greater Than Today", "Other")

Then you can use this formula output as the Filter in your Data Shuttle workflow...ex:

Filter Logic = Helper Column, Is Equal To, "Greater Than Today"

Does that make sense? Keep in mind that the TODAY function won't be able to recognize what day today is unless the sheet is refreshed somehow. There's a list of actions that will update TODAY in this Help Article.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be incredibly beneficial to my team and company as well. We need to offload data from Smartsheet for use in downstream processing daily. It would greatly streamline things if filtering logic could filter out only data that has changed in the sheet using filters or similar functionality as in place for uploads where only new information is updated.

This would reduce the offloaded file size and downstream processing times significantly.

I will see if @Marie Armand has submitted a feature request and will vote that up if it is out there. If not, I'll be submitting a feature request.

Best Regards,

Tom

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. Hi Genevieve, I've been testing different filter combination that include TODAY(-1) as I'm dealing with a large file but it hasn't worked which is why I searched our Community and found this post. Can you tell me if TODAY is now supported in DataShuttle? I have a feeling that it hasn't yet but I want to confirm. Thanks!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Razetto

The TODAY() function cannot currently be used as a direct filter in Data Shuttle, no. What I would personally do is set up a helper column in the source file to indicate if it meets your criteria or not, then filter the Data Shuttle workflow based on that helper column instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve