Colors on Reports - Gantt chart

I have a previously created report on parent rows and need to change color (orange) of the Gantt chart

I went to the master plan and changed every line on the Gantt chart (gray) except for the parent rows - because when I followed the directions on how to change colors, it does not give me the 'Color setting' option to change Parent rows. But when in the project plan sheet, all the Gantt chart rows are gray.

I created another identical report with a different name after changing the Gantt Chart colors to gray and it pulled the original color (orange).

No, there is no conditional formatting on this or any of my sheets or reports

I have not created reports or plans from templates.

I have gone to my account and changed the colors there, but still the colors don't change.

I have so much trouble with colors on Smartsheets. There must be some trick that is not clearly evident and is not outlined in any of the help sections. Nor is there help on goggle.

Is this a flaw with the sheets? Is there some master setting that is preventing me from changing color on different projects?

(I also have color issues with another sheet - no many how many times I reset the automatic color on a sheet, when I add a row, it reverts to a previous color)

Can someone tell me if this is fixable or not? I have spent way too many hours on something that should be very simple.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Karen Vaughan

The expected behaviour for colours in a Gantt view is that if you change the task bar colour in your Project Sheet, all current Reports looking at this data will reflect the new colours. Newly created sheets should also bring through this current colour, and should not store historical information (ex. your orange rows).

Can you post screen captures of your current sheet set-up and the report (blocking out sensitive data)? It would be helpful to see images of any Conditional Formatting rules you have on the sheet, too.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Karen Vaughan

The expected behaviour for colours in a Gantt view is that if you change the task bar colour in your Project Sheet, all current Reports looking at this data will reflect the new colours. Newly created sheets should also bring through this current colour, and should not store historical information (ex. your orange rows).

Can you post screen captures of your current sheet set-up and the report (blocking out sensitive data)? It would be helpful to see images of any Conditional Formatting rules you have on the sheet, too.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thank you for your response. I was able to fix it by doing the above.

Thanks.

• Vadim K
    Vadim K ✭✭

I would like to chip in to the conversation since I was just about to post a question on my own.

While individual task bars are shown in colors setup in the underlying sheet, the parent task bars are shown in light blue - the account default for the task bars - instead of gray color dedicated for the parent rows.

Also the Gantt chart in reports does not show the progress line shown in the sheet.

Below are screenshots from the sheet and report against that sheet: