Calendar Recurring Dates

Options
heyjay
heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to have a specific day and month fill out on a yearly basis. Im saying about date of births and anniversaries. I have to manually enter the current year and it only appears once on the Calendar View.

What I would like to happen is enter a date and it will appear on the calendar for the next X number of years.

Best Answer

• Christina09
    Christina09 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @heyjay

I recently created a calendar for my team and have the same problem. This is what I came up with. You'll need to create a helper column if you want it to automatically update the year

I have two different formulas depending on what you want to achieve (one column is the birthday/anniversary, and the other column will be the date that shows in the calendar with the formula below):

1.) automatically change the year if it passed today's date/month:

=IF(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(Birthday@row), DAY(Birthday@row)) > TODAY(), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(Birthday@row), DAY(Birthday@row)), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, MONTH(Birthday@row), DAY(Birthday@row)))

2.) automatically change the year by the end of the year

=IF(YEAR(TODAY()) >= YEAR(DATE(2021, 12, 31)), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH([Anniversary Date]@row), DAY([Anniversary Date]@row)), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, MONTH([Anniversary Date]@row), DAY([Anniversary Date]@row)))

Let me know how it works :)

Answers

• Christina09
    Christina09 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @heyjay

I recently created a calendar for my team and have the same problem. This is what I came up with. You'll need to create a helper column if you want it to automatically update the year

I have two different formulas depending on what you want to achieve (one column is the birthday/anniversary, and the other column will be the date that shows in the calendar with the formula below):

1.) automatically change the year if it passed today's date/month:

=IF(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(Birthday@row), DAY(Birthday@row)) > TODAY(), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH(Birthday@row), DAY(Birthday@row)), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, MONTH(Birthday@row), DAY(Birthday@row)))

2.) automatically change the year by the end of the year

=IF(YEAR(TODAY()) >= YEAR(DATE(2021, 12, 31)), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()), MONTH([Anniversary Date]@row), DAY([Anniversary Date]@row)), DATE(YEAR(TODAY()) + 1, MONTH([Anniversary Date]@row), DAY([Anniversary Date]@row)))

Let me know how it works :)

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is nice thank you.

Will probably create a new post for this issue.

However, we are using this to send auto reminder to MS Teams, but all the rows are being captured/sent as a reminder =/