Pie charts legend/series

I've created a pie chart widget to pull project status from a task list by person, but when there is only one status per person and the pie chart shows 100%, the legend shows the series name (Status) instead of the value (Overdue). Any idea how to fix this? (Also, is there a way to make all the pie charts have the same color for each Status value? Top: Blue-Not Started, Bottom: Blue-In Progress)

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @heather.adams

I am not able to replicate the first picture you provided with the Status only showing in the legends. May you provide a recording of a demo showing that or just additional details on it? (block out sensitive data)

But for the 2nd screenshot, you are able to select a different color for that under Pie Chart & Series. See screenshot below.

See more in the link below.

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know to be in assistance!

Thank you. Cheers~

Krissia

• Thanks for your reply - I was able to change the colors manually, just thought maybe it would do them consistently based on the value.

As for the other, what happens if in your test case all of the tasks (1 or more) had the same status (i.e. all Not Started)? That's the only time I have an issue with the legend.

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @heather.adams

Thank you for the additional clarification! With regards to changing the colors in the chart, please submit Enhancement Request to have this capability to maintain the consistency of the color formatting based on the value & have this be considered in future development!

For the chart behaviour, after additional review & testing, this is an expected behaviour with regards to using the Pie type since its not comparing any other individual numbers relating to the whole pie cut. The option to "Switch rows/columns" under "Data & Chart Type" allows the legends & series to switch but Donut & Pie is currently not supported. I would also recommend submitting an Enhancement Request to have this capability as well!

Kind regards!

Krissia