Removing trailing zeros

Options
@Lee
@Lee ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have an issue very much like this one but I thought I would start a new thread as that doesn't have any more answers. I've got an automation running with Smartsheet and Zapier, when a user raises a request it will put a new card in Smartsheet and ping a channel in Slack with the details. When I do that I capture the Slack timestamp of that message in Smartsheet.

When a card is updated it triggers Zapier which uses the timestamp so that rather than just responding in the channel it can reply to the original thread. In theory, this works fine except when that slack timestamp has a trailing zero.

Looking at smartsheet it shows 1592801269.00170 so you would think great. However, if you click on that cell it shows 1592801269.0017. This wouldn't be a huge issue but when you pull in the cell into Zapier it pulls in 1592801269.0017 which means that zap can't find the original message.

This basically means sometimes the zap works and sometimes it doesn't. Any idea how I can stop the removal of trailing zeros?

Best Answer

• @Lee
    @Lee ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fixed the problem. When I send the Timestamp to Smarthsheet I just need to add ' in front of it. Then Smartsheet will keep the zeros. You then just need to remove it when using it but it's predictable so...

Answers

• @Lee
    @Lee ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fixed the problem. When I send the Timestamp to Smarthsheet I just need to add ' in front of it. Then Smartsheet will keep the zeros. You then just need to remove it when using it but it's predictable so...